Inclusion Support Centre/Te Whare Rangimarie
The Inclusion Support Centre (ISC) is a bustling, thriving unit for 50 students.
The ISC is supported by teaching staff, teacher aides and therapists.
Our Mission is to:
- Provide a broad-based education for students with physical disabilities and profound special needs.
- Provide necessary support for students to achieve their full potential in a challenging academic environment.
- Assist students to become independent and confident adult members of the community.
Total Inclusion: Students have the opportunity to be mainstreamed for their entire academic programme and supported with supervised study time in the Centre with teacher aide support in class as necessary.
Partial Inclusion: It best serves some students to attend select mainstream classes and study Correspondence School courses within the Centre with academic support to complete their academic timetable.
Fully Supported: Students who require intensive instruction or ongoing therapy in small groups or one-to-one are provided for in a supportive classroom environment within the Centre.
In consultation with students and families, Individual Education Programs (IEPs) are developed and updated for all students throughout the year and ensure comprehensive delivery of services.
According to their needs, students may also receive Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Hydrotherapy, Speech Language Therapy, Music Therapy, life skills, employment skills, transition and counseling services.
- Students attending tertiary institutions with scholarships.
- Students in full and part time work through our transition programme.
- Students leaving school with the confidence to live rich and independent lives.