Enrolment Procedure for New Zealand citizens and permanent residents
Note: There are different procedures for International Students. You should contact the International Department on 838 6097 and visit the International Student pages on this web site to find out about this.
Enrolment Year 9
You will need to contact our front office staff on 09 836 7890 ext 0 to make an appointment.
Whether you live in or out of our home zone you are welcome to make an appointment to find out about the College. Parents or caregivers who wish to enrol your child at Waitakere College, please do the following:
- The student! We cannot do enrolments unless both student and parent/caregiver are present.
- Either a birth certificate or passport as proof of the child’s age and identity
- Evidence that you live in the school zone e.g. a phone or power bill
- A copy of a recent school report for the child
- Emergency and medical contact details
If you want to know about any of the following, check out the information in the Prospectus and mention your interest when you make the appointment:
- Shine - Our Enrichment for excellence programme for gifted and talented students (application form available)
- Performing Arts option programme for students with performing talent and enthusiasm (application form available)
- Inclusion Support Centre - Physical Disabilities Unit (contact the HOD Ext 868)
- Learning or ESOL support (Please make a note of any learning needs on the enrolment form)
- Financial assistance (Note that it is important to apply early).
- Out of Zone Applications
Full information about our school zone is available from the school office or click here for an A-Z list of street names in our zone. Please call reception should you have any queries regarding zoning. You are welcome to make an appointment to find out more about the school and to complete enrolment.
Out of zone enrolments for the following year: Your name will go into a ballot for available places. Your chances of gaining a place are good provided you make your application in time for the ballot.
Uniform: The approved uniform is sold and supplied through the school’s Student Centre. Uniform items can be purchased on any school day between 8.30am - 3.00pm and also on a number of days prior to the start of the school year.
Click here for important enrolment dates for enrolling for the 2020 year.