Vocational Pathways Broker – Part Time 20 hours per week - School Term Time only
This is a great opportunity for a Careers Broker to join a highly dedicated team at Waitakere College in 2019.
At Waitakere College we aim to help our students be the ‘best they can be’. Our team provide systems and knowledge that will empower and motivate students to work hard towards their future educational and employment goals after completing their high school journey.
Key responsibilities will include:
- · Deliver an excellent service with the brokerage needs for the school by exploring and developing work experience placements within the local business community
- · Build relationships with students to identify and support career pathways
- · Oversee and guide the students through their work placements
- · Administration tasks relevant to the brokerage role
The successful candidate will have:
- · Proven careers or recruitment experience with solid knowledge and experience working with students or within the education sector
- · Enjoy networking and developing relationships with the business community
- · Natural curiously about “the world of work” for the benefit of yourself and to share with students
- · Have a flexible and adaptive approach to your work and have the drive and enthusiasm to succeed and learn
- · Proven experience working autonomously and also be able to thrive within a team environment
- · Be computer literate – experience with in-house databases, Google docs and Microsoft office
- · Experience working with an ethnically diverse group of people
- · Have excellent oral and written English communication skills
- · Attention to detail in documenting and reporting
- · Full driver’s licence
This is a fixed term position until the end of 2019. The position will then be reviewed for the following year.
This is a challenging and rewarding role working with students and the school. Applications will only be considered from individuals who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Please apply through the Seek website by no later than 5pm Monday 3 December.