PE/Health Teacher – Full Time Fixed Term, Start Term 3 to 25.10.19
We are seeking a teacher of Physical Education and Health to join our highly motivated and enthusiastic team here at Waitakere College for this period of time. The successful teacher will be able to teach up to NCEA Level 3 and Scholarship.
Please state specialist other subjects.
This position may result in a full time position in 2020.
The successful candidate will have confidence and capabilities with technology, and be an active member of our Professional Development Programme including Culturally Responsive Pedagogy as well as an expectation of involvement in extracurricular activities on offer at the College.
Applications close noon on Friday 12 July 2019.
TEACHER AIDE – LEARNING SUPPORT – START TERM 3 2019
Waitakere College is a successful, co-education New Zealand Secondary School located in Henderson in the heart of West Auckland.
We are seeking a suitable Teacher Aide for the Learning Support needs of our students.
Previous experience or training in this area is preferable however not a pre-requisite for this position.
Reporting to the Head of Department, the successful applicant for the above position will have a strong focus on the school’s philosophy of academic achievement.
This is a fixed term position until the end of Term 4 but likely to be extended. It offers 32.5 hours per week, the hours of work will be 8.15am to 3.15pm Monday to Friday, term time only. However, we will consider less hours of work for the right candidate.
Key attributes we are seeking:
- Good initiative and ‘can do’ attitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Good energy and ability to work autonomously as well as an effectively and supportive team player
- Teacher Aide experience with current knowledge of the NZ Curriculum (NCEA) preferred but not essential
- Highly organised and good ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong cultural awareness and ability to relate to students from various ethnic backgrounds
- Experience working with Maori and Pacific students preferred
- Competent with Microsoft applications and word and excel
- Strong administration skills
- Team player
Please apply through the Seek website www.seek.co.nz/waitakere-college-jobs
Applications close 4pm Monday 19 July 2019.