Speech Language Therapist
Inclusion Support Centre, Waitakere College
We are an ORS fund holder school. Our Centre has 48 ORS funded students. We are a family friendly, highly professional and passionate team.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Speech Language Therapist to join our multi-disciplinary team, undertaking assessments and intervention planning in a school setting for students aged between 12 to 21years. Pediatric and neurological experience is an advantage, as is experience working with AAC. CAT level one would be highly desirable.
The position offered is a .4 FTTE role and is a fixed term contract commencing at the beginning of Term 3, 22nd July 2019. You will work with the support of an experienced SLT. We are flexible about how these hours are spread over a week. Therapists enjoy the flexibility that working in a school offers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Member of NZSTA.
- Eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Experience working with teenagers and their whanau.
- New graduates considered.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Be an enthusiastic and positive team member.
- Be flexible and innovative.
- Be a highly organised professional.
- Have excellent verbal, communication and report writing skills.
- Be able to work autonomously and collaboratively.
- Have the skills and ability to effectively develop relationships with young people, whanau and professionals.