We assess each student’s literacy and numeracy levels at the start of Year 9 and monitor their progress. We offer literacy and numeracy programmes in Year 9 and 10 for more targeted support.
Our Literacy and Numeracy Coordinators work with staff to lift student achievement in these areas.
Our Learning Support Department:
- Places students in classes that meet their learning needs
- Works with students who need intensive support in reading, writing and mathematics
- Provides Teacher Aides to work with students in classrooms
- Offers tutorial help to students who need more assistance
- Offers specialist reading classes in Years 9 and 10
- Offers peer tutoring where senior students work with students who need help with reading
- Offers constructive support to students whose behaviour affects their learning, working with students, caregivers and whānau in a range of ways
- Provides access to external agencies where appropriate.
SENCO (Special Education Needs Coordinator) Lindsey Scott [email protected]
Learning Support Coordinator Ms Katie Turner [email protected] and the Learning Support Team.